Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Well crap......

Just a few nights back I was farting around with the idea of a cliche fantasy novel. And when I say cliche, I mean CLEE-SHAY. This story was to include a child of prophecy, the wise old mentor who dies but not before revealing something important, the childhood friend who comes into powers of her own, the evil foreign empire. The works. Sounds horribly awesome, right?

Well you see, I started playing around with the story. And I found that I liked it. Really liked it. As in I liked it more than the story I'm currently working on, which is noticeably cliche-free. POOP! What is a boy to do? Well, it's May 1st....for another couple hours anyway.

This morning I came across a blog (LINK HERE) by published author Stephen Deas. He is making May a sort of mini NANOWRIMO and his goal is to write 5,000 words a day. Inspired by his lofty goal, I pledged to do the same. I'd take some time away from the Angelstone Trilogy and work on my CLICHE FANTASY STORY (working title) and maybe have some fun in the process.

I think it was Brandon Sanderson that said the first book you write is usually crap. So maybe I shouldn't make my first book the one I want to be my best one :)

It's 10:05PM...I don't know where the rest of the day went butI have one hour and fifty five minutes left to knock out as close to 5,000 words as possible. Here goes nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment