Wednesday, May 2, 2012

05/02/2012 Progress Update

Well if I learned anything today, it's to not wait until 9:30 at night to start the writing process. It's now 11:11 PM and I've written an impressive 249 words. Once again I find myself falling asleep at my desk. Is it that my writing is that boring? I dare hope not!! More like I wake up before 6 every morning and run around with two young boys and three dogs all day long....that sort of thing tends to wear a person out. At least that's what I tell myself.

So why did I wait 15 hours to start writing? Good question! For starters, it's just SO easy to do other stuff. I don't like to spend too much time on the computer when the boys are up and about..being a good parent and all that. Not to mention the 9 college credits I'm taking this semester (one more week THANK RAPTOR JESUS) and the chores that I usually take care of on my days off. That brings us to 7pm.

You're right. I should of started then. You know it, I know it, the voices in my head know it....so what did I do instead? I pwned nubs in the multiplayer online battle arena game Heroes of Newerth. So refreshingly mindless and familiar and....easy. 9:15pm roll around and I finally start the writing process.

What is my process, you ask? Well all 0 of you readers out there are in for a treat, I'll tell you!!

1) Chug 12oz of Pepsi.
2) Read for an hour. This time it was Micheal Sullivan's Theft of Swords, starting at Chapter 1.
3) Start writing. It's approximately 10:40pm.
4) First I read through yesterday's and edit/revise/correct.
5) I finally start...and manage to bang out all of 249 words before I decide to call it quits.

It's pretty safe to say that I'm failing miserably at this 5,000 word a day thing. I'm at approximately 5% of where I should be on Day #2 and I don't even want to do the math for the monthly goal of 155,000 words. Well hey, if I keep this pace up come June I'll have written 7,750 words....like two whole chapters BAHAHAHHA. Definitely going to need to reassess my battle plan. More to come tomorrow. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment